Iren Dornier is the grandson of the German Aviation Pioneer Dr. Claude Dornier. A consummate entrepreneur, engaged in business-development, aircraft engineering, fashion and watch development.
Aside his aircraft engineering business developments activities he is a US flight instructor, and Airline Transport Pilot and Aviation Consultant. He co-founded South East Asian Airlines (SEAIR, Inc.) with his Friend Nickos Gitsis in the Year 1995 where he handled strategic planning, a 145 Maintenance Facility and acted as the Director of Operations for South East Asian Airlines handling all technical engineering as well as coordinating with the local CAA and acting as a check pilot for the airline.
In the year 2004, Iren Dornier conducted a World Tour with the only flying Amphibian Dornier-24 from 1944 in cooperation with UNICEF to promote awareness and motivate the youth to follow their dreams. As an author, he published a book about his World Tour “ Log Book of Dreams” where over 10,000 units were sold in the year 2007 in Germany.
His business interests expand globally however his main companies are located in the Philippines and in Germany. Some of his companies are:
- Dornier Technologie GmbH. for Aircraft, Test Rigs and Component Engineering
- Dornier Aviation GmbH for Aircraft Manufacturing
- Dornier No Limits GmbH for handling of aviation property
- Dornier Timepieces for Watch Manufacturing
- Dornier Consulting for Aviation Consultancy
- South East Asian Airlines Inc. for Airline
- Aviation Enterprises for Aircraft Leasing
- Sun Estates Inc. for Real Estate Developments
- Dornier Technology Inc Philippines for Maintenance Facility
- Helicon Inc. for Call Center
- Club Noah Isabelle Corp. for Tourist Island Operation
- Dornier Fashion Inc. Malaysia for Fashion Development
Currently he is developing a series of modern technology amphibious seaplanes. (EASA certified) where he is setting up the production plant for his first two-seater Dornier S-Ray 007.